Regional Candidates Briefings
The New Jersey School Boards Association (NJSBA) is hosting regional Candidates Briefings to address the structure and responsibilities of local school boards in New Jersey. Participants will receive pertinent information on topics including:
- An overview on the role of the board member;
- Legal requirements, including criminal background checks and financial disclosures;
- The board as a policy making body;
- Training requirements;
- Ethical considerations to avoid conflicts of interest;
- Resources available to board members.
This program is available at no cost to the candidates or their districts. All programs run from 7 – 9 p.m. with registration and light refreshments at 6:30 p.m. Please encourage candidates to attend at a location most convenient for them.
To register for a session, click on the region name below:
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
North Brunswick High School
98 Raiders Rd., North Brunswick, NJ 08902
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Mountain Lakes High School
96 Powerville Rd., Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Hammonton High School
566 Old Forks Rd, Hammonton, NJ 08037
For more information, email Kristen Krulikowski in the NJSBA Field Services department.