TRENTON, January 3, 2018—The New Jersey School Boards Association has developed resources for boards of education to use in planning their annual reorganization meetings. The majority of the state’s school boards will organize during the first week of January 2018.
The following materials are available in the Topical School Law Library section of NJSBA’s website:
- Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Board Organization 2017-2018
- Annual Reorganization Meeting Agenda Items–Sample
- Oath of Office for Board Members
- Board Member and Trustee Code of Ethics
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Code of Ethics
Local school officials can obtain further information from NJSBA’s Legal and Labor Relations Services Department at (609) 278-5254.
The New Jersey School Boards Association is a federation of the state’s local boards of education and includes the majority of New Jersey’s charter schools as associate members. NJSBA provides training, advocacy and support to advance public education and promote the achievement of all students through effective governance.