NJSBA Boot Camp: Highlights of Workshop, taking place on Saturday, Feb. 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Princeton Marriott, will present some of the best-attended and most-talked about training sessions from Workshop 2015 in a one-day “boot camp” format.
The following sessions have been confirmed to take place at the program:
- All I Really Needed to Know About Being a School Board Member I Learned in Kindergarten
- Team Building: Best Practices for a Successful Policy Committee
- Using Evidence-Centered Leadership to Transform Schools
- Incorporating Best Leadership Practices Into Managing and Leading Educational Organizations
- Managing Administrative Contracts
- What Will it Take to Lead Your District to a Sustainable Future?
- Not the Same Old Parent Workshops
- Keeping Children Safe One School at a Time
- Closing the Funding Gap With Education Foundations
- Stay in the Black by Going Green: Realizing Benefits by Greening Your Existing and New Schools
- Negotiating Health Benefits
- First Year Follow-Up for New Board Members
- Public School Purchasing: What You Should Know
Additional sessions and session details and presenters will be announced soon.
Professional Development Credit
The program will offer four Board Member Academy credits, an opportunity for school business administrators to earn Qualified Purchasing Agent credits and an opportunity for facilities managers to earn professional development credit.
Registration of school board members and other district staff that has been reported to NJSBA through the completion of the district census form may be completed online, but only by the school business administrator who must attach a scanned copy of the purchase order with the registration.
Additional district staff members are welcome to register online using a credit card. (District staff should check with their business administrators as to policy regarding reimbursement.)
Cost The registration fee for members is $199 per person and the fee for non-members is $398. The fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch and program materials.
Special Group Rate
NJSBA is offering a group rate for this program. Districts may send 3 members for only $500.
About NJSBA Boot Camp
NJSBA Boot Camp is a new series of training programs designed to help the district team achieve its goals; it offers guidance for attendees to implement strategies toward goal attainment in their districts. The programs will be delivered in a convenient one-day format. Additional boot camp-themed training programs will be advertised later this year.
For questions regarding this program, please email Diane Morris, training and professional development manager.