The New Jersey School Boards Association, a service organization for the state’s local boards of education, is seeking a communications professional with superior writing and editing skills. Reporting to the manager of communications/publications, the successful candidate will perform the following core functions:
• Edit NJSBA’s weekly online news periodical;
• Contribute to the Association’s award-winning publications program;
• Develop speeches, scripts, testimony and presentations;
• Respond to inquiries from school board members, school administrators, the news media and the general public;
• Provide writing and editing support for its professional development and advocacy efforts.
The ideal candidate will have five years of experience in corporate, association or government communications and/or publications, or the equivalent. Knowledge of public education, school board governance and the legislative process is preferred. Experience with Windows 10 and Microsoft 2016 applications.
Benefits include health and dental coverage; paid time-off and short and long-term disability. Eligible employees participate in the Public Employees’ Retirement System. Minimum salary $64,467.
Please send letter of interest and resume to [email protected].
NJSBA complies with the “New Jersey First Act.” Employees hired on or after September 1, 2011, are required to currently reside in NJ or relocate within one year of their hire date.