Policy Services for Sustainability
NJSBA Policies Services will be adding sample policies to this inventory as they are developed.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact Jean Harkness, Policy Consultant [email protected] for assistance. We have sample policies from NJ and other state school districts and charter schools that we can email you upon request.
Sample discretionary policies, whether they are actual district samples or developed by NJSBA, are not required for compliance with law or state monitoring (NJQSAC). Discretionary policies should reflect actual district programs and practices and the samples edited accordingly.
Adopted board policy is binding in a court of law. Therefore, adopting any policy that does not reflect your actual program or practice can create a liability to the district if challenged.
All newly developed policies and all policy revisions should be reviewed by your board attorney prior to board adoption.
- 3320.1 Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (Green Purchasing Policy)
- 3501 Conservation Sustainability and Green Initiatives Policy
- 3510.1 Green and Healthy School Cleaning
- 3516.1 Chemical Management Policy
- 3510LR Operation and Maintenance of Plant
- 3510P Operation and Maintenance of Plant
- 3516LR Safety
- 3516P Safety
- 3541.1LR Transportation Routes and Services
- 3541.1P Transportation Routes and Services
- 3542.1E Local Wellness, Nutrition Food Standards Summary Chart
- 3542.1LR Local Wellness, Nutrition
- 3542.1P Local Wellness, Nutrition
- 5141.20 Life-Threatening Food Allergies