Superintendent – Woodbury
The Woodbury City Public School District is a diverse and vibrant community with an enduring place in the history and growth of Southern New Jersey. The city serves as the county seat of Gloucester County, and like its schools, is rich with a sense of history and tradition. Operating with a $26 million budget, the district is comprised of three elementary schools and a Junior-Senior High School. These schools house the District’s 1500 students, including a growing preschool population, and 150 certified staff. Here Woodbury reaches toward the future, with a myriad of opportunities for challenge and success. The Junior-Senior High School serves as a National Demonstration School for the acclaimed AVID program. More opportunities are provided through coursework off-site at Rowan College of Gloucester County, community service programs, and a variety of further efforts to assist students in challenging themselves to reach higher than they might have dreamed.
The Woodbury Board of Education and its community desire a leader who is:
- experienced in diverse school communities.
- able to increase parent and community involvement.
- experienced in helping to raise student achievement.
- willing and able to work collaboratively with the Board, certified and non-certified staff, and the community.
- able to recruit and retain teaching staff.
- prepared and able to lead by example.
and require that candidates to be considered must:
- possess a NJ School Administrator Certificate or Certificate of Eligibility.
- have experience as a Principal, Superintendent or other district-level leader.
- have at least five years of K-12 teaching experience.
- demonstrate an understanding of New Jersey school funding and its impact on Woodbury.
- be able to articulate and advocate for legislative and executive school funding reform.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, copy of certificate and names and contact information of at least three professional references* to:
Woodbury City Public Schools
c/o Kara Huber, Board Secretary/Business Administrator
25 N. Broad Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096
or by email at [email protected]
Position available July 1, 2017
Deadline for application is close of business on Friday, January 20, 2017.