Master Board Member (MBM)
To receive the MBM (Master Board Member), members must have earned a CBM and 20 additional credits.
The Master Board Member, the third level of certification, builds on the CBM. To receive the MBM, members must have earned the CBM and accumulated 20 additional credits (for a cumulative total of 40). Eligibility will not be considered until the board member has achieved the CBM and served for one year at that level.
Master Board Member requirements:
- Earn a total of 40 cumulative credits
- Attend at least eight county meetings
- Attend at least two NJSBA delegate assemblies
- Attend two annual NJSBA Workshops
- Attend at least three statewide or regional professional development programs
- May not have been judged to have violated the School Ethics Act
- Pass an examination covering board responsibilities or submit a portfolio